Do you have what it takes?
The admissions process at Team Evolution is highly competitive, and as a result, spaces for new athletes on the Team Evolution programme are limited and reviewed on a yearly basis for U14, U16 & FIS student-athletes.
U12 trainees are accepted on a camp by camp basis, although priority is given to those who are committing to a longer term programme. The admissions process for all ages is selective, and due to the desire to maintain low group ratios on the slope and in the classroom, spaces in each age group and on each athletic programme are limited. Priority is given for existing students to progress through the age groups, meaning that places become scarcer for older athletes looking to join the programme.
When considering new student-athletes to the programme, the following factors are considered:
- The commitment of the applicant to work within the existing structure of the Team Evolution programme.
- The support available to the student-athlete via their parents / guardians, UK School, home ski club and any additional factors.
- The athletic level of the applicant, with special consideration given to areas outside of ski racing. At a U12 and U14 level, particular consideration is given to those athletes taking part in multiple sports.
- General enquires regarding the Team Evolution Programme can be made at any point in the season by emailing email@example.com.
- Official expressions of interest for joining the Team Evolution programme for the following season should be made between the 1st January and the 1st April, in order to arrange the next stages of the application process. New programmes begin from the 1st May each year.
- On-campus visits and “Test Camps” for both student-athletes’ and parents can be scheduled during the current season, preferably during specified January, February or April “Test Camp” weeks, to allow for further understanding of the applicants requirements. UK meetings can be arranged under special circumstances, but applicants will still be required to complete a “Test Camp” before being officially offered a place on the programme.
- Admissions for the following season begin from the 1st May. By this point it is generally known which athletes will be offered a place on the programme for the following season.
- Parents & athletes must have completed and signed all paperwork, as well as paid their Commitment Bond, to secure a place on the programme.
- Applications received after 30th May will be considered on a case by case basis, in the unlikely situation that spaces remain available in certain age groups.